- We can be found here:
- Horsham Corporate Center
- 400 Horsham Road, Suite 101
- Horsham, PA 19044
- We can be reached during:
- Monday: 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Tuesday: 4:15 pm - 9:15 pm
- Wednesday: 4:00 pm - 9:15 pm
- Thursday: 9:30 am - 2:15 pm + 4:15 pm - 9:30 pm
- Friday: 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- Saturday: 9:15 am - 4:30 pm
Dear Parents and Dancers,
Welcome to Dance to the Music School of Dance. Our spacious, state of the art studio is located in the Horsham Corporate Center.
Our school policies are as follows:
- Tuition is due in four payments: Sept. 1, Nov. 1, Feb. 1 and Apr. 1 (A late fee of $15 will be assessed after 7 days)
- Dancers must have hair up in a bun or ponytail and away from their face.
- No food or chewing gum in the studio.
- No jewelry may be worn in class.
- The use of cell phones is not permitted during class time.
- Do not block the fire lane while waiting to pick up students, use parking spaces.
- For safety reasons, no child will be permitted to leave the studio without a parent.
- Students are not allowed in the hallway with food or drink and must be supervised at all times.
- Please be prompt for class, as warm-up is very important to aid in avoiding injuries.
- In case of inclement weather, check Facebook, e-mail, or call the studio 1 hour prior to class time. We do not always follow local school closings.
- Any classes missed due to illness or bad weather can be made up in another class of your level within the same semester. (Please see teacher)
- We will not be held responsible for lost or stolen items. Please put dancer’s name in all belongings.
- Classroom door and observation window will be open or closed at teacher's discretion.
- Cyber bullying or bullying of any kind will not be tolerated.
Dance attire and shoes at affordable prices will be available for purchase/order at registration and during the dance season.
Appropriate cover up must be worn when entering and exiting the studio. Dance shoes should be worn inside the studio ONLY.
DRESS CODE FOR GIRLS:
- Creative Dance: Black leotard, pink tights, pink ballet slippers (no skirts or tutus).
- Ballet: Black leotard, pink tights, pink ballet slippers (no short, skirts or sweat pants) HAIR MUST BE SECURED IN A BUN.
- Pointe: Black leotard, pink tights and pointe shoes (must take 2 additional ballet classes).
- Tap: Black leotard, pink or tan tights, tan tap shoes with non- skid rubber pads (For competition see teacher).
- Jazz: Solid color leotard, tights, tan slip on boot.
- Contemporary/Lyrical / Modern: Solid color leotard, footless tights, bare feet unless specified by teacher.
- Hip Hop, Hip Hop/Jazz, Hip Hop Tots: Solid color leotard/ tank top, dance shorts/pants, Black "converse style" sneakers.
- Musical Theater: Solid color leotard, pink or tan tights, long black leg warmers (for shoes, see teacher).
DRESS CODE FOR BOYS:
- Solid color T-shirt, black dance pants, sweats or shorts, black shoes
HOLIDAYS AND EVENTS
- Classes begin Sat. Sept. 16th
- Bring a Friend Week - Oct. 9th- Oct 14th
- Mommy & Me – Oct.14th – Nov.18
- Horsham Parade - Sat. October 14th (Tentative)
- Halloween - Tues. October 31, Closed
- Hatboro Holiday Parade - Sun. Nov. 19th (Tentative)
- Thanksgiving - Closed Wed. Nov.22nd, Reopen Mon. Nov. 27th
- Tea with the Sugar Plum Fairy - TBA
- Nutcracker Performances — TBA
- Winter break Closed Wed. Dec.20th, Reopen Wed. Jan.3rd
- President’s Day Closed Mon. Feb. 19th (Competition teams check with teacher)
- Spring Break Closed Tues. March 27th, Reopen Tues. April 3rd
- Picture Day at Studio- Tues. May 15th
- Dress Rehearsal & Recital - May 18th and 19th (Tentative) at Hatboro Horsham High School
PLEASE NOTE... For the most up to date information about promotions, events and studio closings, follow us at our Dance to the Music Facebook page.
Information letters will be e-mailed to the parents throughout year. They will also be posted at the studio. Please check periodically. You can also find us online at www.dancetothemusic.net or contact us at email@example.com
We’re looking forward to an enjoyable and exciting new dance season!
Carol Johnson and Peggy Maher, Directors